Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Anne of Green Gables

Molly lent me her Anne of Green Gables box set to keep me busy at the end of my pregnancy. I started by re-reading the first of Lucy Maud Montgomery's series, Anne of Green Gables. (I had read it when I was in middle school or high school.) It is the story of imaginative 11-year-old Anne who is adopted by Matthew and Marilla. The book follows Anne until she's 16, chronicling her adventures with friends, family, school, and the outdoors.

This book was such a fun read. Anne is just a hilarious character, and I just loved her from the beginning. It's no wonder the author could write a whole series about this character--Anne just has such a distinct personality. I loved all the other characters in the book too and just laughed and cried throughout the book as I followed Anne's adventures.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment