Thursday, July 21, 2011

Jumping the Scratch

I chose to read Jumping the Scratch by Sarah Weeks because she's the author of a book I read in the past called So B. It. This book tells about Jamie who lives with his mother and Aunt Sapphy after his parents' divorce. His aunt suffers from amnesia after an accident at work, and Jamie is lonely and bullied at school. Then something even worse happens to Jamie, and this book tells the story of how he gets past these hard things in his life.

This was a quick read and a nice story. Even though lots of bad things happened to Jamie, the book seemed to have a positive feel to it anyway. I really liked the characters in the book. I found this book in the children's section of the library, but I'd say it's more for young adults because the bad thing that happens to Jamie is subject matter that may not be appropriate for kids.


Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment