Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beyonders: A World Without Heroes

Because I've enjoyed Brandon Mull as an author, I got his newest book (first in a series), Beyonders: A World Without Heroes, from the library. This book is about Jason and Rachel, two teens who somehow find themselves in a strange world called Lyrian. Lyrian is under the rule of an evil wizard named Malador, and Jason and Rachel become involved with "a quest to piece together the word of power that can destroy the emperor."

This was a really clever story with unique and fun fantastical characters. I liked the story and action a lot, but it was one of those books with a seriously lame ending that just forces you to continue to read the series. I would've continued the series anyway, but I wish the author ended this book well instead of leaving it with so many unanswered questions and open doors. Oh well.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

1 comment:

  1. I am still on the hold list for this one... who knows how long it will be. I got the candy shop wars one and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete