Friday, November 18, 2011

The Son of Neptune

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan is the second book in the Heroes of Olympus series.  It tells the story of three demigods who must unleash Death, who is chained, which prevents anyone (including monsters) from staying dead.  I won't elaborate further on the plot so I don't give anything away since this is part two in a series.

I really liked this book--it got me interested quicker than the first book in the series and was a fun read.  I loved the side stories that went with each character and how details were released throughout the story.  The characters were great, the story was exciting, and the ending was great.  It tied up loose ends but also introduced exactly what to look forward to in book 3.  Too bad it doesn't come out till Fall 2012!

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment