Friday, February 3, 2012

Mr. Monk on the Couch

When I saw this book--Mr. Monk on the Couch by Lee Goldberg--in the new book section at the library, I was thrilled!  It is an original mystery series based on the Monk TV show.  The books (there are already like 10ish) are written by a guy who was a screenwriter for the TV show.  This book takes place shortly after the final episode of Monk and follows Natalie and Monk as they help Captain Stottlemeyer with a series of murders that seem to be related to a secondhand couch.  Along the way, Natalie also becomes interested in a case regarding a man who died of natural causes with an unknown identity, and she decides to do some investigating herself.

This book was great!  I was especially happy to get into a good book since I had just started and then stopped two different John Grisham books.  (Both got a little too sketchy once I was partway in.)  I LOVED the Monk TV series and always think about how sad I am it had to end.  Now I can continue to enjoy Monk's awesomeness in these books!  The author did a fabulous job capturing the characters and putting in little details so I could picture just how they were acting.  The book got me to laugh out loud, and it was just a fun read.  It felt like watching the show again.  Yay.


Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment