Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Hunger Games (re-read)

In preparation for seeing the movie, I decided to re-read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I summarized this book previously on this blog when I wrote about the sequels, so for a summary, read here.

This book is really an incredible book.  I don't know how the author does it, but this book just consumes you!  I just never wanted to put the book down.  I nearly cried like 5 times in just the first small chunk of the book--the author just creates such deep, compelling characters and situations that I felt completely a part of their world.  This is also one of those books that you keep thinking about even when you're not reading.  Really a fabulous book, so even though I'm not a big re-reader (since there are so many other books out there to read), I'll probably re-read the sequels now too.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment