Friday, July 6, 2012

May B.

May B. by Caroline Starr Rose was another book that looked good at Barnes and Noble, so I found it at the library.  It's about young May, whose parents send her to help at a neighbor's homestead for a few months.  And, as the book's inside cover says, "But when a terrible turn of events leaves her all alone, she must try to find food and fuel--and courage--to make it through the approaching winter."

This was a really sweet book.  It was written in verse (similar to a favorite book of mine, Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse), which made it a quick but nice read.  There was fabulous character development--I just felt like I really understood May and loved seeing how she grew throughout the story.  It was such a quick read that I wasn't involved enough to love the book, but I really liked it.

* * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment