Saturday, August 18, 2012

Princess Academy: Palace of Stone

I've been waiting anxiously for Palace of Stone (the sequel to Princess Academy) by Shannon Hale.  It comes out on the 21st, but I somehow got amazingly lucky and won an advance copy a few days ago after answering a Princess Academy trivia question on Shannon Hale's facebook page.  Yay!  I don't want to elaborate on the plot since that would give away what happened in the first book, but read here for a summary of Princess Academy.

This was a fabulous book--one of those sequels that is just as good (or better) than the first book.  The book was true to all the original characters' personalities, just putting them in a new setting.  I loved the developments that took place and also thoroughly enjoyed the chick flick nature of the story.  If you're looking for a good book to read next, this book and its predecessor are awesome picks.  Engaging and exciting plots as well as deep and lovable characters--plus they are just generally well-written books.  Highly recommended!

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you won an advanced copy! That's so awesome. I haven't read this one for a few years by I recently found it at Unique and sent it to my niece. You're going to have to let me read your copy of the sequel (if it isn't already loaned out).

    ReplyDelete