Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Three Times Lucky

Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage is a 2013 Newbery Honor book. This book is about 11-year-old Mo who washed ashore in North Carolina during a hurricane when she was a baby and has lived there in Tupelo Landing ever since. She's enjoying her summer helping at the cafe, hanging out with her friend Dale, and attempting to find answers so she can write her autobiography.  But then a neighbor turns up murdered, and a city detective is in town, and Mo and Dale decide to become detectives themselves to find out the truth.

This was a really fun book--well written with engaging and distinct characters.  It took me a bit to get into the book, but I'm not sure if that was my fault or the book's fault.  But, once I got further in, it was a quick, enjoyable read.  Mo was endearing, and I liked how the book ended.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment