Thursday, July 16, 2015

One for the Murphys

When reading Fish in a Tree a few weeks ago, I saw that the author (Laura Mullaly Hunt) had written another book--One for the Murphys--so I checked it out from the library. This book is about 12-year-old Carley Connors who finds herself unexpectedly in foster care. She gets placed with the Murphys--a family with three boys--and is shocked by the kind of happy family life she is experiencing. While she at first fights her emotions and is resistant to being happy there, she soon finds herself changing.

This was an incredible book. I was enthralled by the story and just loved Carley and Mrs. Murphy throughout the story. The author did an amazing job of connecting the reader to the emotions of the characters. I seriously, literally BAWLED for a good 5 chapters in the book. (So just a warning that if you're a crier, you will cry.) I just loved that the book felt so real, and it showed me the goodness of people. This was a meaningful, beautiful read. But heart-wrenching. Beware.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment