Friday, September 16, 2016

Turnabout

I needed a good, short book to read so wandered the chapter books in the children's section of the library looking for authors I've liked in the past. I found Turnabout by Margaret Peterson Haddix. (I enjoyed her book Running Out of Time and the Among the Hidden series when I was a kid/teen.) Turnabout is about Amelia, an old woman in a nursing home who (along with a bunch of other elderly people) is given an injection meant to reverse the aging process. She soon begins to un-age and eventually realizes that at some point she will be too young to care for herself.

This was a fun read. It was a slow start for me because it was switching between two different times in Amelia's life, but once I got into it, I was interested and enjoyed it. I didn't feel like it was a super strong book with character development per se, but it was a clever story.

* * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment