Saturday, December 17, 2022

The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

I read The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton for my book club with friends at church. The book description says, "Aiden Bishop knows the rules. Evelyn Hardcastle will die every day until he can identify her killer and break the cycle. But every time the day begins again, Aiden wakes up in the body of a different guest at Blackheath Manor. And some of his hosts are more helpful than others."

This was a really unique book. It's one of those books that I probably would have given up on at the beginning if I weren't reading it for book club because I was just kinda confused at the beginning and couldn't quite put things together. (But I think that is kinda the point of the book.) By the end, I was super engaged and had so many questions, which made it a fun book club book. I liked the explanations that came at the end of the book that helped me finally pull things together. I also thought the author was a very talented writer with amazingly-written descriptions throughout the book. I would give more details on that, but it's been a couple months since I read this, so I've forgotten much more than what I've written here.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment