Thursday, January 26, 2023

Atomic Habits

My brother-in-law recommended Atomic Habits:An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear, so I listened to it on Audible. The author's description reads, "If you're having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn't you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don't want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you'll get a proven system that can take you to new heights."

This was a good read. I thought it gave some really practical tips (things like habit stacking). After I was partway through, I recommended it to Connor, and he started reading it too. I know the book is good because Connor was able to implement the strategies right away and start getting into some great new habits. It made me chuckle though because I haven't. The author said something about how not being able to get into good habits isn't a lack of motivation but a lack of a system. I really liked that but have no realized that I think lack of motivation is still a problem haha. I think this book may have been better for me if I had done a hard copy so I could make notes and such, but I still got a lot out of it.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment