Sunday, May 26, 2024

The One and Only Family

I was excited to see that Katherine Applegate had written another book in the One and Only Ivan series, so I got The One and Only Family from the library. The book description says, "Ivan has been happily living in a wildlife sanctuary, with his friend Ruby next door in the elephant enclosure, frequent visits from his canine friend Bob, and his mate Kinyani by his side. And in the happiest turn of all, Ivan and Kinyani have welcomed a set of twins to their family! Ivan loves being a papa, even though it can be hard sometimes. But as he navigates the joys and challenges of parenthood, he can’t help but recall his life before the glass walls of the mall circus, his own childhood in the jungle—and his own twin."

I really enjoyed this book. This is a great series with characters I really like, so it was fun to follow up with them again. I thought this one had a fun plot to follow as Ivan becomes a father and sorts through the trauma of his past. I definitely got teared up toward the end (during a tense situation when Ivan remembers the third rule for a silverback, and he steps up and saves the day). Great characters, great series. I definitely recommend this one if you've enjoyed the first three.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment