Saturday, October 3, 2026

Finding Lost

I saw Finding Lost by Holly Goldberg Sloan on some kind of book list, and since I've enjoyed at least one other book by the author, I got it from the library. The book description says, "Cordy Jenkins is searching for something that will change her life, and for the safety that vanished when her father died. She is convinced that if she just tries hard enough, she will find part of what her family lost, which will stop her mom from wanting to leave the small town she and her little brother have always called home. What Cordy finds instead is a muddy, hungry little dog with bad breath. And he's the start of her family's new beginning."

This was a great read. I loved Cordy as a character, and the things she did and said made me laugh out loud sometimes. I liked how the story came together and the side characters. I feel like the ending was a bit of a disappointment. I did like how the author tied up loose ends, but the last chapter was just alllll the loose ends being tied up, like, This is how everything is now a little bit in the future. I just didn't think it was the strongest writing/ending. I think a different ending would have moved this book into the loved it range. 

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment