Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist

Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist is the third in a series by Liz Kessler (who I also met at the National Book Festival). A former student loved these books and recommended them to me, and they're just fun reads. Emily Windsnap is a girl who finds out that she is half-mermaid--In other words, she's a regular human girl who transforms into a mermaid when she gets into water. This book tells the story of a mysterious ring she finds, how evil Neptune curses her, and obviously, a castle in the mist.

I enjoyed the book as I have the others. It was a quick read where I completely expected the "happily ever after" the entire way through. But, it's kinda fun to have a book like that sometimes. :) I would definitely recommend this series for elementary-aged girls. They are cute books.


Stars: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment