Friday, September 25, 2009

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

I found The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards on a shelf of librarian recommendations at my public library. In this book, a doctor and his wife in the 1960s have twins. One twin is born with Down syndrome, and the doctor, trying to protect his wife from suffering, gives the baby to his nurse to take to an institution. He tells his wife, who hadn't seen the twin, that the baby died. Meanwhile, the nurse decides to leave town and raise the baby as her own. The book follows the story of what happens in the years following.

This was an intriguing book because of the changing points of view where I became connected with several characters. I wanted to help them with all the issues going on since I saw all the different sides. I wanted to keep reading throughout the book to see what would happen to both the characters and the secrets.

Stars: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment