Friday, November 20, 2009

The Thief Lord

The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke was a book recommended (and given) to me by students. I was in between books so pulled it off the shelf and decided to read it. It is about two boys who are orphaned and expected to go into the custody of their unkind aunt and uncle. Instead, they run away to Venice and join a group of orphans who live in an abandoned movie theater, led by a boy who calls himself the Thief Lord. This books tells of how the orphans get involved in some deals and mysteries that could deeply change their lives.

I really liked this book. It had interesting, likable, believable characters and a unique story. I was kept guessing throughout the story and enjoyed reading it. Unfortunately, it took me for-ev-er to get through it. At first I thought it was just because I've been kind of busy lately, but now I'm thinking that it just wasn't quite top-notch in its engagement level. But, it was still an enjoyable book.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment