Thursday, November 26, 2009

Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is one of those books everyone has read and was shocked that I hadn't read. I decided to read it because so many people recommended it and said that I'd for sure like it. For those who don't already know, Twilight is the story of a girl named Bella who moves to a new town and meets and falls for Edward--a vampire. The book brings you into the world of vampires and what choices Bella will make when her boyfriend loves her for both love and lust (ie., wanting to eat her).

This book was a fun read--it definitely brought out smiles and laughs. It is for sure a chick flick, which I can't help but enjoy. It's not the best written book in the world, but that was kind of a nice change from all the "polished" books that are normally popular. However, it's hard to read a book after seeing the movie. It just makes it hard to enjoy the book as much. I'm a big believer that books are always better than movies--but I think that you can only appreciate that when you read the book first. My plan is not to see the second movie until I've read the second book. But I don't feel a huge urge to read the second book right away. We'll see what happens.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment