Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Stone Fox

I also read Stone Fox by John Reynolds Gardiner during free time at work. When I taught elementary school, a lot of students had read this book, so I decided to read it too. Stone Fox is about a boy named Willy who is raised by his grandfather. His grandfather becomes ill--but the doctor says the illness is just because the grandfather has given up hope. It is up to Willy to figure out how to help his grandfather feel better and how to solve their family's financial problems.

This was a very quick read and a sweet story. It had a familiarity to it--maybe I've read a similar book or seen the movie back in the day. I wouldn't say it's the best written book in the sense of details and such, but it was a nice story.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment