Thursday, June 17, 2010

Becoming Naomi Leon

Becoming Naomi Leon is another book that has been on my bookshelf for awhile. It's by Pam Munoz Ryan, and I'd enjoyed her books in the past and decided to try another one. This book is about Naomi, who lives with her great-grandmother and little brother and is a talented soap carver. One day, her mother--who hasn't been in Naomi's life since Naomi was 3--shows up, ready to be best friends with Naomi.

I really loved this book. The characters and situations seemed so real, and seeing Naomi's growth through the book was really great. It was just a precious story overall, and I loved where the twists and turns led. I also loved the little side stories, like the librarian at Naomi's school.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment