Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dragon Slippers

I saw on Facebook a friend's recommendation of Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George, so I decided to get it from the library. It's about a girl named Creel whose aunt gives her to a dragon in hopes of a knight's rescue. Instead, Creel makes a deal with the dragon to escape, winning a pair of shoes from the dragon's hoard. Creel then travels to the king's city to get a job as a seamstress, but soon strange things begin to happen as a result of Creel's shoes. Soon, it's up to Creel to find a way to save the kingdom.

This was such a good book! It's definitely my kind of book, so I'm thrilled that it's a series. The characters were super fun, and I just loved how the story flowed and how it ended. It was a feel-good, happily ever after book with lots of adventure.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment