Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Happiness Project

I saw a friend had read this book by Gretchen Rubin, and the title stuck out to me: The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun. This book tells of the author's decision to try to be happier in life--changing her life without changing her life. She spends a year making choices that help her be happier just in the everyday aspects of life. She tells of her resolutions and experiences.

This book was entertaining and extremely thought-provoking. I don't think I've ever read a nonreligious book that inspired me to change my life like this one did. The book really helped me recognize where I could make small adjustments and decisions in my life to just be happier--and thus make those around me happier in return. I finished the book today and have already outlined my own "happiness project" (list of happiness keys and then a list of resolutions). I know I have every reason to be happy, and this book has helped me see how I can make little choices that will help me feel happier every day. Awesome!

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment