Sunday, June 24, 2012

Criss Cross

Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins is a Newbery medal winner I've owned for years.  I thought I'd read it but recently realized that I never actually did.  The book follows Debbie (and numerous other characters) during a summer in Seldem.

I don't really have much more to add to the summary of the book because it was one of those books without a real set plot or conflict to follow.  Instead, it just followed a bunch of different characters in their everyday lives throughout the summer in this small town.  The book regularly changes points of view as it shows paths crossing among all the different people--mainly preteens and teenagers.  It was not a super engaging book because of the lack of structure, but the book had some cute scenes and catchy or thought-provoking lines that made it a nice read.  I saw there is a companion book, and I'll probably read it sometime.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment