Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

I had several people recently recommend The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and then a teenager at church lent me her copy.  This book is about 16-year-old Hazel, who is dying from terminal stage IV cancer.  It follows her life as she deals with her parents and her support group and when she meets a new friend--Augustus, a cancer survivor too.

This was a really good, addicting book.  It was one of those books that is not great to read when I am supposed to be hanging out with Emmeline because I am very distracted and want to keep reading.  The characters were very real and believable, and I became very engrossed in their stories.  It was a sad book (as can be assumed from the subject matter) but never got too depressing.  The only thing about this book is it has some language and a few bursts of questionable material in there. Normally I just put down books like, but this one was so highly recommended (including by young women in my ward) that I figured it wasn't going to be too bad so kept reading.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment