Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Al Capone Does My Homework

I saw that Gennifer Choldenko had written a new Alcatraz story, so I found Al Capone Does My Homework at the library. This is the third book in a series following Moose Flanagan, a boy who lives on Alcatraz Island in the 1930s because his dad works at the prison.  In this book, his dad has been promoted to associate warden, which means that he is more at risk from problems from the inmates. Moose worries about his dad as well as his sister Natalie, especially when a mysterious fire starts in their home.

This was another great book.  I was just so engaged and by the end didn't want to put the book down.  I just love the kid characters in the book and their distinct personalities.  I love Moose and how protective he is of his older sister.  (Natalie probably has autism, but it is never really labeled in the book since it was the 1930s, when things like that just weren't understood.)  I just think this series is so fun--the time period and setting along with the fun plot twists and awesome characters.  It just makes for a great book.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment