Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Insurgent

I borrowed Insurgent from a friend to continue the Veronica Roth Divergent series.  This book again tells the story of Tris, a 16-year-old newly initiated into the Dauntless faction.  Now the five factions (and the unfactionless) are at the brink of war, and Tris must decide where she stands.

This was another good book.  It kept me interested in reading to find out what would happen.  There is a lot of action and good character development.  I had a little trouble keeping track of some side characters as the factions became less separate, and again, the book was a little depressing (lots of negativity, fighting, death, etc.).  But I enjoyed reading it and will try to borrow the sequel from a friend (since I am #257 on the library wait list).

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment