Thursday, September 18, 2014

In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms

My friend lent me In Praise of Stay-at-Home Moms by Dr. Laura Schlessinger.  This book points out the benefits to being a stay-at home mom and helps the reader feel confident in that choice.

This was an interesting read.  I think it could be extremely offensive to people who don't agree with her point of view or who cannot be a stay-at-home mom, but for me, it basically said things I already agree with.  It did help me think of things in different ways.  (For example, sometimes I fall into the rut of wishing I did more with my life or had a job or something.  But she explains how being a stay-at-home mom can be completely fulfilling and satisfying on its own.)  I think it also helped me see how I can make my marriage and family stronger by handling things a little better.  I realized that as a stay-at-home mom, it is my job to create a home with peace, happiness, love, and joy--and I need to make the choice to do that.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment