Monday, September 29, 2014

Son

I've been aiming to read Son by Lois Lowry for forever and finally got to it.  This is the conclusion to the books that go along with The Giver, and it brings together the other three.  It tells the story of Claire, a young girl who was assigned to be a Birth Mother in her community until things went very wrong.  Later she finds herself outside of the community with no memory except a yearning for her son.

This was a really neat book.  I loved reading it as it pulled together the characters and worlds in the The Giver, Gathering Blue, and The Messenger.  Claire was such a lovable character, and I loved watching her transformation and her relationship with Einar.  I also just loved how everything concluded and wished there was more to the ending.  I think this series by Lois Lowry is just really fun--they are unique stories that keep me interested and wanting to read more throughout every book.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment