Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Mr. Terupt Falls Again

After reading the first Mr. Terupt book, I got Mr. Terupt Falls Again by Rob Buyea from the library. This follow the same students from Mr. Terupt's original class. I don't want to elaborate on the plot so I don't give anything away from book 1, so you can just go back and read that first review.

This book was really good. I liked reading about the same characters again and seeing what happened next in their lives. I like how all the kids are so different yet work together and build friendships, and I like seeing how they overcome their diverse and sometimes difficult family situations. I liked this book a little less than the first one, just because I felt like it was too focused on crushes, periods, etc.--but I guess that is what makes it a good book for upper elementary kids who are soon facing a lot of those things. But for me, it was just a distraction from the content and plot.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment