Thursday, September 17, 2015

Slated

I had a friend recommend Slated by Teri Terry, so I got it from the library. This book is about 16-year-old Kyla who is re-entering society after being slated--having her memory and personality wiped blank. (The government in this futuristic society takes care of young criminals by slating them.) But as Kyla starts getting used to life with her new family and new school, she finds herself with some memories she shouldn't have and realizes there is another side to everything--and she has to decide whether it's safe to get involved.

This was a super good book. It was extremely addicting and suspenseful, so I was kind of freaking out at times while reading it. I just thought the plot was very unique and clever, and I really loved the main characters, Kyla and Ben. It was fun to follow all of the side characters in the book and to figure out how things were going to play out. The book didn't have a satisfying ending, so I am anxiously awaiting books 2 and 3, which I have on hold at the library. Looking forward to reading the rest of the series!

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment