Sunday, July 15, 2018

PIecing Me Together

Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson is another 2018 Newbery Honor book that I wanted to read. This book is about Jade, a high school junior who lives in a poor neighborhood but attends a private school on scholarship where she doesn't feel like she fits in. The school offers her an opportunity to join Women to Women, a program for at-risk black girls to meet with black mentors. While Jade is a little bit sick of all the "opportunities" offered to her, she knows she has to take advantage of this and give it a chance.

I LOVED this book! It engaged me from the start, and then I just wanted to read it all day long. Jade was such a strong, real character, and I was just rooting for her. I loved following her development and learning from the side characters and their choices. It was just a beautiful book, one I'd enjoy re-reading.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment