Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl

I saw The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl by Stacy McAnulty on a Facebook group I follow called A Mighty Girl. It is about 12-year-old Lucy who has acquired savant syndrome after getting struck by lighting as a child. As a result, she is a math genius and ready for college after being homeschooled by her grandma for a few years. However, her grandma decides she needs the experience of middle school and sends her for a year. The book follows her year at middle school as she copes with her OCD and the everyday issues that middle school brings.

This was a great book. The story really drew me in, and I was anxious to finish reading it to see what happened and how things resolved. I loved the three main kid characters and felt like they were really well developed. I also just thought it was a clever story, and I liked some of the aspects of the story that helped develop the plot and characters (like the Pet Hut stuff, the online math board, etc.).

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment