Saturday, January 16, 2021

Ways To Make Sunshine

I saw Ways To Make Sunshine by Renee Watson on some kind of list somewhere and decided to get it from the library since I am a fan of the author (loved her book Piecing Me Together). This book follows Ryan and her family when her dad loses his job and they have to move to a new house. As Ryan adjusts to some changes in her family's life, she learns to find the good in rough situations.

This was a quick, sweet read. There wasn't much of a big conflict or major plot but just a simple story, realistic fiction story. I can't remember much more because I read this a few weeks ago, and that's about how my memory is. ;) I do like that Renee Watson is telling the everyday story of a girl who is black since that is definitely an underrepresented population in children's books.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment