Saturday, July 1, 2023

The One and Only Ruby

I saw that The One and Only Ruby (the newest book in the One and Only Ivan series) came out, so I got it from the library. The story picks up after The One and Only Bob and follows Ruby in her life in a wildlife sanctuary. After Ruby sees the caretaker from the elephant orphanage where she lived in Africa, she starts remembering the beginnings of her life in Africa and begins telling her story to Ivan and Bob.

This was a great read. It was a super quick read that I finished in just a morning, so I feel like I wasn't as engulfed in the story like I am with some books. But it was engaging and sweet, and I loved getting the backstory on Ruby's life and also remembering how wonderful Stella the elephant (from book 1) was. I also liked the message throughout the book and at the end about reflecting each day on two questions: What gifts did the world give you today? and What gifts did you give to the world? I definitely recommend this book to anyone who has been reading this series. It's a great continuation.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment