Thursday, June 6, 2024

George's Marvelous Medicine

I read George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl to my 7-year-old as he continues his interest in all things Roald Dahl. This book description says, "George is alone in the house with Grandma. The most horrid, grizzly old grunion of a grandma ever. She needs something stronger than her usual medicine to cure her grouchiness. A special grandma medicine, a remedy for everything. And George knows just what to put into it. Grandma's in for the surprise of her life—and so is George, when he sees the results of his mixture!"

This was a super goofy book. My son was SUPER engaged and always wanted me to keep reading more chapters. I thought the book was pretty weird and felt like I had to give my son a disclaimer to make sure he knew never to do what George did (putting a bunch of random cleaners/chemicals and things all together in a pot--and then feeding it to someone). But of course in classic Roald Dahl style, the book was funny and well written and an interesting story.

Rating: * (1/3 = It was okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment