Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kisses from Katie

My husband's aunt recommended this book to me, and my mother-in-law gave it to me as a gift for Mother's Day since my library didn't have a copy.  Kisses from Katie: A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption by Katie Davis is about Katie, who, after her senior year of high school, put off college to go on a mission trip to Uganda.  She was so moved by what she experienced in Uganda that she knew it was her calling to stay there.  She established a nonprofit organization to feed and educate hundreds of Ugandan children, all while teaching them about Jesus Christ.  Katie also, little by little, adopted 14 children who had no where else to go and now cares for them in Uganda while running her ministry.

This was an incredible story.  I'm rating it as "liked it" because I liked the book, but the organization seemed a little scattered sometimes.  But, I LOVED the story.  Katie's experiences are just amazing--she shares her deep religious values and how she has just accepted God's will for her in her life.  She's given up everything she had in America (family, friends, college opportunity, material things) to live in Uganda and care for so many--all because she knows it's what God wants her to do.  It's amazing to read about how she constantly seeks God's help in her life to know what He would have her do; her spiritual strength is inspiring.  It's also really amazing to read about all the lives she's touched through her desire to just help one person at a time and to just LOVE.  I'd highly recommend this book.  Read more at her blog at kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com or watch this little movie:



Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is an intense story! I can't even imagine doing what she did/does. Caring for 14 children in Uganda?! Wow.

    ReplyDelete