Thursday, June 27, 2013

Imperfect: An Improbable Life

I saw Imperfect: An Improbable Life by Jim Abbott and Tim Brown recommended in the Washington Post one time and added it to my to-read list. It is a memoir about Jim Abbott, a baseball player (pitcher) who was an Olympic gold medalist and also threw a no-hitter as a Yankee. And, he was born with no right hand. The book tells his life story from childhood until his retirement from baseball--following the highs and lows.

This was a really good book! I was almost surprised that I ended up reading it all the way through because before I started, I thought I might get bored with it. (I was wrong.) It was interesting and inspiring. I had a decent level of baseball knowledge before reading it, but I learned more (but was also still confused by lots of the details sometimes). It was just really neat to hear about this guy's accomplishments and how he didn't let his disability define him.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment