Saturday, June 8, 2013

Theodore Boone: The Activist

I saw that John Grisham had written a new book in his Theodore Boone series, so I found it at the library. This one follows Theo, the son of 2 lawyers who is pretty smart about the law himself. In this story, politicians are supporting a new bypass that will go through the town where Theo lives, and Theo finds himself getting involved in the fight.

This book had a really slow start for me where it just seemed kind of slow and preachy, but it picked up about halfway through, and by the end, I got through it really fast. The end especially was exciting and fun to see what Theo would do with the information he had. The book got me a little nervous at times and also made me laugh. Even though sometimes I am not sure how completely believable the stories are, I think this is a really fun series.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment