Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Matched

I have heard people recommend Matched by Ally Condie, and so when I saw it on a friend's bookshelf, I asked to borrow it. It follows Cassia, a 17-year-old in a dystopian society (comparable to those in Hunger Games, The Giver, and other such books). When there is an error in her "match" (who she is statistically best matched to marry), Cassia starts to question lots of different things relating to her society and its Officials and decides that she won't go down gently.

This was a really good book. It was very addicting, so I finished it in like 2 days because I just kept wanting to read to find out what happened. I liked the storyline, and I am excited for the sequel, especially because the book didn't really leave me hanging but just left me interested. I wasn't completely convinced by the book, though, in that I couldn't really understand Cassia's sudden obsession with Ky. (I won't elaborate on this since I don't want to give anything away if you want to read the book.) But, it was still a really great, engaging book.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment