Thursday, September 12, 2013

Salt

I saw Salt by Helen Frost on the new-book shelf at the library, and something it said on the front caught my eye: "A Story of Friendship in a Time of War." Since I really like historical fiction, I picked up the book and then noticed that it was about the War of 1812--which like never has historical fiction books--so I decided to read it. This book switches points of view between Anikwa (a member of the Miami tribe) and James (an American whose family lives at the trading post). The two boys are friends, but when the war comes to their land, everything changes.

This was a really good book. It is beautifully written--the language and such is just very well done. The story is sweet and thought-provoking, and I think it well portrays the different sides of the story. It was a pretty short read and just a nice book.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment