Saturday, May 9, 2015

Focused

I borrowed Focused: Keeping Your Life on Track, One Choice at a Time from a friend after seeing an advertisement for it. This book is by Noelle Pikus Pace, a world champion and Olympic medalist in the Skeleton. I'd heard about her during the last winter Olympics because (1) she won the silver medal after having some big trials in the past (getting hit and seriously injured by a runaway bobsled just before the 2006 Olympics and then getting 4th when she had a comeback in the 2010 Olympics), (2) she was LDS (same religion as me), and (3) she had her husband and 2 young kids travel with her on her Olympic journey. This book tells of some of Noelle's experiences and how she chooses to move forward and be happy even during life's challenges.

This was a really good book. It was a quick read but very inspirational and motivating. I was impressed by how she didn't give up when life threw her curveballs, and I really respected how she stood up for the things she believes in. She also shares some experiences about how she learned to be confident in and accepting of herself. (I think this is probably a great book for teenage girls.) I enjoyed the read.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment