Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Heir

I've been anxiously awaiting The Heir by Kiera Cass--the fourth book in The Selection series (which was originally only supposed to be a trilogy). I was going to be on hold at the library for forever, but luckily a friend who I recommended the books to last year bought this new one--so I borrowed it. :) This book follows King Maxon and his wife's oldest child--a daughter Eadlyn who is next in line to the throne. In this book, Eadlyn reluctantly holds her own Selection to find a husband.

This was another great read. I just love this series--the books are both entertaining/funny and charming/chick-flick-y. I thought the author did a really good job in the book presenting the different characters and making me like (or dislike) them. I liked how she made Eadlyn come across as a likable main character but with obvious flaws that I noticed between the lines as the book went on. The author also kept me guessing on how things were going to turn out, so I liked that it wasn't predictable. This was a great book, and my only unhappiness with it is how it was very inconclusive at the end. Book 5 better come soon!

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment