Monday, July 6, 2020

Blended

I saw Blended by Sharon M. Draper on a recommended book list, and it caught my eye because 1) I liked the cover and 2) I loved Sharon Draper's book Out of My Mind. Blended is about 11-year-old Izzy, a talented piano player whose parents go through an angry divorce. Izzy has to switch between her mom's house and her dad's house week by week, and she also struggles to navigate the dynamics of being mixed race--her mom is white and dad is black. There's more to the story, but I'll leave it there as to not give things away. :)

This was an awesome book. I loved reading the book from Izzy's perspective and watching her sort through the tricky situations she finds herself in. Great characters, great writing, great story. The book kept me engaged all the way through, so I read it very quickly. Highly recommended.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment