Wednesday, July 8, 2020

The One and Only Bob

I read The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate years ago and was excited to see that a sequel just came out: The One and Only Bob. I got both on ebook from the library and re-read The One and Only Ivan first--good book and had me sobbing at the end. Then I read The One and Only Bob, which tells the story of Bob, the dog, and his life after the conclusion of the first book. When a tornado hits the town, Bob finds himself risking his own safety to help other animals. (I won't elaborate too much on the plot for those who haven't read the first book.)

This was a fun read. It was slow at first, but once the action picked up, I was hooked. I loved how the author brought the characters all back together, and it was interesting to see the story from a different character's perspective (Bob instead of Ivan). The book seemed a little preachy at times, but I didn't mind too much. Bob made some great points. :) I just recommended these books to my 9-year-old daughter, and she finished The One and Only Ivan today (had to stay up late to finish), so I expect her to want to read the sequel in the morning. There's a movie coming out on Disney+ in August based on the first book, so it's a fun time to read these.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment