Monday, June 21, 2021

Green River Killer

I read Green River Killer by Jeff Jensen and Jonathan Case for the graphic novel course I'm taking this semester (for my MLIS). This book follows Tom Jensen (the father of the author), the lead detective on the case of the Green River Killer, a serial killer in Seattle in the 1980s. When the killer, Gary Leon Ridgway, was eventually caught, Detective Jensen spent time with him doing interviews before Ridgway was convicted of killing 48 women and girls.

I picked this book from the list provided by the professor because I have always been interested in true crime and thought I'd enjoy the story. It did end up being very fascinating, and it made me interested in learning more about the case afterward. The book is definitely adult content because this guy was a creepy murderer and rapist, and there are lots of pictures of dead bodies and gruesome things. There were two things I didn't love about the book--1) It jumped back and forth in time (originally when killings happening and then once they caught the killer), and I sometimes got confused. 2) I sometimes had trouble telling certain characters apart because their appearances were similar, which led to me having to do lots of double takes. But overall I enjoyed the read.

* * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment