Monday, June 21, 2021

The Strangers

I read Greystone Secrets: The Strangers by Margaret Peterson Haddix for my Girls' Book Club. In this book, Chess, Emma, and Finn Greystone live a happy, uneventful life with their mom until one day there's something strange in the news: Three children in a different state have been kidnapped, and the children have the exact same first and middle names and birthdates as the Greystone kids. This seems extremely strange, and the next day, the kids' mom leaves on an unexpected business trip. Things get stranger when the kids find their mom's phone left behind, a hidden room in the basement, and a coded message from their mom.

This was SUCH a good book! I started reading it in the evening one day and finished it by the next afternoon because it was so addicting. (Even stranger, I read the whole thing on my phone, which I've never done before. I got it on my phone as an ebook to just start looking at while I waited for the hard copy on hold. I just had no idea I'd be that into it and finish it so quickly.) The story was fast-paced, exciting, scary, and interesting, and the characters were fun and distinct. I really enjoyed the book and will definitely plan to read the sequels. I created a virtual escape room for this book for the book club, so I'll add a link to that here once it's finalized. Or if you're reading this and you've read the book already, comment here so I can have you try out the escape room for me as a test. :)

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment