Thursday, December 2, 2021

Stargirl

I saw on Disney+ that there was a movie called Stargirl, and I knew it was based on a book that I had never read. So, I got it from the library! Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli is about a boy named Leo who attends Mica High School. One day a new girl arrives at the school--her name is Stargirl, and she is completely unique and doesn't seem to care what anyone else thinks. At first the student body is enchanted by her, but after they decide they don't like some of her unique ways, she is instead shunned. Leo has fallen for her and is desperate for her to just be normal.

This was a great read. It engaged me from the start, and I think it teaches some valuable lessons about the teenage years and the need to feel accepted. The book had me chuckling at times or just super awkwarded out or just smiling at the sweetness of the characters. I enjoyed the read and will recommend it to my 11-year-old.

Rating: * * (2/3 = Liked it)

No comments:

Post a Comment