Thursday, December 2, 2021

Rez Dogs

The other day when I was at hotel library, I saw Rez Dogs by Joseph Bruchac. It caught my eye since I am  familiar with the author from a couple of his other books I've read, and I know he's a well-known Native author. Then when I read what the book was about, I had to grab it--it is about a girl who is visiting her grandparents on their reservation when the COVID-19 lockdown occurs, so she has to stay there (without her parents) until things settle down. I was super interested that there was already a fiction story written that took place during COVID since it is still so present-day. :) But anyway, this book follows Malian as she lives with her grandparents, learns from their stories, and spends time with a dog on the reservation who has "chosen" her.

This was a quick, sweet read. I enjoyed the relatable modern-day setting and learning more about the Wabanaki culture in the context of the story.

Rating: * (1/3 = It was okay)

No comments:

Post a Comment