Monday, June 21, 2021

March: Book One

I read March: Book One by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell for my graphic novel class. It tells of Congressman John Lewis and the true story of his involvement in the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s. The story begins in the modern day, with Congressman Lewis speaking to two young boys who come visit his office. The stories of his past are introduced as stories he tells the boys.

This was a pretty amazing book! I loved the way the book was written and reading the stories and experiences shared. It really made the Civil Rights Movement seem more real to see someone living in our day and age who had such a central role in the events in the 60s. I think this makes it a powerful book for children and young adults who are learning about this time of history. This will be a good one for my daughter Emmeline in a couple years.

Rating: * * * (3/3 = Loved it)

No comments:

Post a Comment